Search Engine Optimization is the process of Making knowing about the contents of websites by the search engines. To make your website most visible for the search engine and to make your site displaying on the top of search result, you have to optimize your site for the search engine. To optimize your site for the search engine you have to follow the following most important tips.
1. Page title contents are displayed in search results, so create unique and most relevant page title. Page title tells both users and search engines about the topic of particular page. The page title is placed between <title> and </title> tag.
2. Write summary of each page as the description Meta tag. A page's description Meta tag gives Google and other search engines a summary of what the page is about.
3. Write simple to understand URL's that will convey content information easily. Use the words of page title as URL, and use underscore (_) or das (-) to link each words in URL.
4. The navigation of a website is important in helping visitors quickly find the content they want. So make site easier to navigate.
5. Use breadcrumb lists at the top or bottom of the page that allows visitors to quickly navigate back to a previous section or the root page. Create a naturally flowing hierarchy and use mostly text navigation.
6. Instead of using the breadcrumb links on the page, a user might drop links on the page, a user might drop off a part of the URL in the hope of finding more general content. So allow for the possibility of a part of the URL being removed.
7. Create two sitemaps, one for users and another for search engines. Visitors may visit this page if they are having problems finding pages on your site. Submit an XML sitemap for search engines, which makes it easier for search engine to discover the pages on your site.
8. Create quality content or offer quality services which will increase their recognition automatically. If you create quality content, this could be shared through blog posts, social media services, email or any other methods.
9. Use keyword suggestion tool for selecting appropriated title on the basis of search keywords.
10. Provide image related information can be provided for by using "alt" attribute. All images can have a distinct file name and "alt" attribute. The "alt" attribute allows you to specify alternative text for image.
The methods described above are the Most Basic and Important Tips for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). If you have applied all these tips for your site or URL, There is a more chance of your site being highly ranked on the major search engines.