1. The number of attributes in relation is called as its .....................
2. The DBMS utility, ...................... allows to reconstruct the correct state of database from the backup and history of transactions.
D) Data loading
3. In the ........... normal form, a composite attribute is converted to individual attributes.
4. In RDBMS, Data is presented as a collection of ............
5. A .................. normal form normalization will be needed where all attributes in a relation tuple are not functionally dependent only on the key attribute.
6. To select all column from the table the syntax is:
A) select all from table_name
B) select * from table_name
C) select from table_name
D) Non of the above
7. If an attribute of a composite key is dependent on an attribute of the other composite key, a normalization called ................ is needed.
8. Identify the criteria for designing database from the point of view of user
A) No redundancy
B) No inapplicable attributes
C) Uniformity in naming & definitions of the data items
D) All of the above
9. The ............ operator preserves unmatched rows of the relations being joined.
A) Inner join
B) Outer join
D) Union join
10. The reasons leading to popularity of client-server systems are:
A) More powerful workstations on LANs
B) Needed for graphical user interfaces of end users.
C) Remove computing load for presentation services from the system managing a shared database resource.
1. B) Degree
2. B) Recovery
3. A) First
4. C) Relations
5. C) Third
6. B) select * from table_name
7. B) BCNF
8. D) All of the above
9. B) Outer join
10. D) All
You may also wanted to view the following Related Posts
- Solved MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) Set - 1
- Solved MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) Set - 2
- Solved MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) Set - 3
- Solved MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) Set - 4
- Solved MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) Set - 5
- MCQ of Database Management System (DBMS) with answer set-6
You can view the following other posts
- Solved MCQ of System Analysis and Design Set-3
- Solved MCQ of Data Structure Set - 2
- Solved MCQ of Java for Java Proficiency test set-3
- MCQ of C++ with answer Set-2
- MCQ of Computer Networking with answer set-4