Table of Contents
How to Format Drives in Windows
Here are the steps to format your Drive
- Go to “My computer” and select the drive which you want to format
- Click on the Format option located on the manage tab
- Under the format option, dialog box choose the type of format you want to do
- Click on the Start button to start formatting.
OR you can format the drive just by right-clicking on the drive and selecting the format option.
How to Optimize Drives in Windows
Following are the steps to optimize the disk.
- Open My computer-select the drive and click on Optimize option located on the Manage tab.
- Then, the drive optimization dialog box will appear.
- Click on Analyze button to analyze the disk and click on Optimize button to optimize it.
How to Optimize Drives Automatically
- Open the drive optimization dialog box as mentioned above and then click on the “Change Setting” button.
- After that, choose the “Run on a schedule” option and also select its frequency then choose drives for optimization.
How to Computer Clean Up
Read Next: How to Manage Taskbar Items in Windows