Table of Contents
How to Make the Mouse Easier to Use
If you are unable to see the regular mouse pointer and the cursor, can change the color and size of mouse pointers which you can see easily. If there is no mouse on your computer, you can move the mouse pointer even using a keyboard numeric pad. You can make it easier to manage windows by activating a window by hovering over it with the mouse, moreover, you can prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.
- From the Ease of Access Center click on the option Make the mouse easier to use.
- On the mouse pointers option choose the type of mouse pointer which you want to use.
- To control the mouse with the keyboard, give a checkmark on Turn on Mouse Keys then click on Apply button. Now you can turn it on and off using the keyboard shortcut keys “leftALT+leftSHIFT+NUM LOCK” and can move the mouse pointer using the arrow keys on the numeric pad. You can enable keyboard shortcut keys from the Setup Mouse Keys option.
- Give a check mark on the options “Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse” and “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen” to make it easier to manage windows.
How to Make the Keyboard Easier to Use
You can make the keyboard easier to type by enabling Sticky keys, Toggle keys and Filter keys. If you are unable to press keyboard shortcut keys like CTRL+ALT+DEL at a time, sticky keys allow you to press one key at a time.
By turning on toggle keys, you can hear a tone when you press CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, or SCROLL LOCK keys on the keyboard. While typing, filter keys ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates.
- After opening Ease of Access Center, Click on the option “Make the keyboard easier to use”.
- Give a tick mark on “Turn on Sticky Keys” to activate sticky keys, you can activate the keyboard shortcut key from the set up sticky keys option. Sticky Keys will be turned on when SHIFT is pressed five times.
- Give a tick mark on “Turn on Toggle Keys” to activate toggle keys. After activating, you can turn on the Toggle keys by holding down the NUM LOCK key for 5 seconds.
- You can activate filter keys from the “Turn on Filter Keys” option. To activate the keyboard shortcut key for filter keys open the option “set up filter keys” and turn on the keyboard shortcut key for filter keys. Filter keys will be turned on when the right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
How to Make Easier Reading and Typing
You can make it easier for reading by turning on the narrator, which reads aloud any text on the screen and removing background images where available.
To make it easier to type you can turn on sticky keys, which allows you to press one key at a time while using keyboard shortcut keys, toggle keys to hear a tone when you press CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK keys, and filter keys to ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates.
You can adjust time limits and flashing visuals by turning off all unnecessary animations and setting up a time for the notification dialog box.
How to Make Touch and Tablets Easier to Use
To set up this accessibility tool, choose the option “Make touch and tablets easier to use” from the Ease of Access Center. Select the accessibility tool which you would like to be launched.
How to Get Quick Access to Common Accessibility Tools
You can get quick access to common accessibility tools like the magnifier, Narrator, On-Screen Keyboard, and High Contrast directly from the Ease of Access Center window. When you click on them, they are automatically started.