1) The process of storing extra or duplicate information used for rebuilding the lost information in event of disk failure is known as …
C. disk array
2) A thread that is to be canceled is often referred to as the…
A. target thread
B. thread cancellation
C. asynchronous cancellation
D. defined cancellation
3) ……….. ensures that every message sent to a group of receivers will be delivered to either all of them or none of them.
A. Ordered delivery
4) An arrangement of records in a sequence in which they arrive is known as a ………..
5) ……….. also known as monitor mode.
A. User mode
B. System mode
C. Unprivileged mode
D. Process mode
Read Also: Solved MCQ on Operating System Basis set-9
6) The technique, for sharing the time of a computer among several jobs, which switches jobs so rapidly such that each job appears to have the computer to itself, is called ……..
B. time out
C. time domain
7) For batch and payroll applications which of the following file organization is better ……..
A. random file
B. sequential file
C. indexed file
D. hashed file
8) Name the scheduler that selects among the processes that are ready to execute and allocates the CPU to one of them.
A. Long-term scheduler
B. Medium-term scheduler
C. Job scheduler
D. Short-term scheduler
9) Failure during inter-process communication may be due to …..
A. loss of request transfer unit
B. single datagram messages
C. multi datagram messages
D. message passing
10) The process of direct mapping by using some faster algorithms is called………
Read Also: Solved Objective Questions on Operating System set-8
11) Name the system in which the processors do not share memory and each processor that its own local memory.
A. Tightly coupled system
B. Parallel processing system
C. Loosely coupled system
D. Batch processing system
12) Which technique was introduced because a single job could not keep both the CPU and I/O devices busy?
C. preemptive scheduling
13) Those directories in which the root directory has all system files and no other sub-directory is known as …
A. flat directory
B. single directory
C. hierarchical directory
D. indexed directory
14) Which is responsible for maintaining all the important abstractions of the operating system?
B. System libraries
C. System utilities
15) A four-message reliable IPC protocol for client-server communication works as ……..
A. request, reply, acknowledgment
B. reply, acknowledgment, request, acknowledgment
C. request, acknowledgment, reply, acknowledgment
D. request, request, reply, acknowledgment
Read Also: MCQ Questions on Operating System set-7
16) A path name that starts at the root directory is ……….
17) Where does the problem of fragmentation occur?
A. Static storage allocation
B. Static allocation storage
C. Stack allocation with dynamic binding
D. Heap allocation
18) Idempotency basically means ………
19) All path names are specified relative to the working directory ……..
A. absolute path name
B. relative path name
C. hybrid path name
D. hierarchical path name
20) The time taken by the disk arm to locate the specific address of a sector for getting information is called ……..
A. rotational latency
B. seek time
C. search time
D. response time
1) B. redundancy
2) A. target thread
3) B. Atomicity
4) A. pile
5) B. System mode
6) A. time-sharing
7) B. sequential file
8) D. Short-term scheduler
9) B. single datagram messages
10) A. hashing
11) C. Loosely coupled system
12) D. Multiprogramming
13) A. flat directory
14) A. Kernel
15) C. request, acknowledgment, reply, acknowledgment
16) A. absolute
17) D. Heap allocation
18) B. repeatability
19) B. relative path name
20) B. seek time
Read Next: Interview Questions on Operating System Basis set-11
Read More: Collection of MCQ on Operating System Fundamentals