B. Embedded SQL
2) The keyword to eliminate duplicate rows from the query result in SQL is.
B. NO DUPLICATE
D. None of the above
3) Which of the following aggregate function does not ignore nulls in its results?
5) ……………. operator is used to compare a value to a list of literals values that have been specified.
6) The language used in application programs to request data from the DBMS is referred to as the
7) The DBMS language component which can be embedded in a program is
A. The data definition language(DDL)
B. The data manipulation language(DML)
C. The database administrator(DBA)
D. A query language
A. Support end users who use English-like commands.
B. Support in the development of complex applications software.
C. Specify the structure of a database.
D. All of the above
9) It is possible to define a schema completely using.
A. VDL and DDL
B. DDL and DML
C. SDL and DDL
D. VDL and DML
Read Also: SQL MCQ Interview Questions With Answers
10) Which of the following is correct.
A. a SQL query automatically eliminates duplicates.
B. SQL permits attribute names to be repeated in the same relation.
C. a SQL query will not work if there are no indexes on the relations.
D. None of these.
D. All of the above
12) To delete a particular column in a relation the command used is.
13) The ………… operator is used to compare the value to a list of literals values that that have been specified.
14) ………… function divides one numeric expression by another and returns the remainder.
15) A data manipulation command the combines the record from one or more tables is called.
16) DDL stands for
A. Data definition language
B. Data description language
C. Data design languages
D. Database dictionary languages.
17) The DDL is used to specify the ……..
A. Conceptual schema
B. Internal schema
18) Which is used for data retrieval from the database?
19) Which is used to specify the user views and their mappings to the conceptual schema?
20) Which command are included in a general purpose programming languages?
1) C. DDL
2) C. UNIQUE
3) B. COUNT(*)
4) D. EXISTS
5) A. Like
6) A. DML
7) B. The data manipulation language(DML)
8) D. All of the above
9) B. DDL and DML
10) D. None of these.
11) D. All of the above
12) C. ALTER
13) A. BETWEEN
14) B. MOD
15) C. JOIN
16) A. Data definition language
17) A.Conceptual schema