Pop Up menus are those, which are displayed on the screen when we right click on it. Pop Up menu makes any application easier to use it. In Oracle Forms also we can make pop up menus to add different menu items for the operating form. The items for operations such as inserting, saving, deleting and navigating records can be included in the pop up menu. Here I have written some steps for creating pop up menus in Oracle Forms along with their screenshots.
Steps for Creating Pop Up Menus
2. Add the items as given in the image below.
3. Right click on menu items on the object navigator and click on PL/SQL Editor option. Write PL/SQL queries On the PL/SQL Editor window as given below.
4. Add the following PL/SQL queries in the PL/SQL editor for respected items.
- PREVIOUS: previous_record;
- NEXT: next_record;
- FIRST: first_record;
- LAST: last_record;
- INSERT: create_query;
- CONDITION: enter_query;
- SAVE: commit;
- DELETE: delete_record;
- EXIT: exit_form;
6. For assigning Pop Up menu on the form, right click on canvas and click on Property Palette option. From Popup Menu option under Functional property select the Popup Menu name as in the image below.
7. Save, Compile and Run the form. You can view the Popup menu while right clicking on form area.