1. In SQL, which command is used to issue multiple CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW and GRANT statements in a single transaction?
A) CREATE PACKAGE
B) CREATE SCHEMA
C) CREATE CLUSTER
D) All of the above
2. In SQL, the CREATE TABLESPACE is used
A) to create a place in the database for storage of scheme objects, rollback segments, and naming the data files to comprise the tablespace.
B) to create a database trigger.
C) to add/rename data files, to change storage
D) All of the above
3. Which character function can be used to return a specified portion of a character string?
4. Which of the following is TRUE for the System Variable $date$?
A) Can be assigned to a global variable.
B) Can be assigned to any field only during design time.
C) Can be assigned to any variable or field during run time.
D) Can be assigned to a local variable.
5. What are the different events in Triggers?
A) Define, Create
B) Drop, Comment
C) Insert, Update, Delete
D) Select, Commit
6. Which is the subset of SQL commands used to manipulate Oracle Database Structures, including tables?
A) Data Definition Language
B) Data Manipulation Language
C) Data Described Language
D) Data Retrieval Language
7. The SQL statement SELECT SUBSTR(‘123456789’, INSTR(‘abcabcabc’,’b’), 4) FROM EMP; prints
8. Which of the following SQL command can be used to modify existing data in a database table?
9. When SQL statements are embedded inside 3GL, we call such a program as ……….
A) nested query
B) nested programming
C) distinct query
D) embedded SQL
10. ……………. provides option for entering SQL queries as execution time, rather than at the development stage.
D) Dynamic SQL
11) The RDBMS terminology for a row is
12) To change column value in a table the ……… command can be used.
13) The full form of DDL in Database Management System is
A. Dynamic Data Language
B. Detailed Data Language
C. Data Definition Language
D. Data Derivation Language
14) To pass on granted privileges to other user the …… clause is used
A. create option
B. grant option
C. update option
D. select option
15) A set of possible data values is called
16) ……… is critical in formulating database design.
A. row column order
B. number of tables
C. functional dependency
17) A primary key if combined with a foreign key creates
A. Parent-Child relationship between the tables that connect them
B. Many to many relationship between the tables that connect them
C. Network model between the tables that connect them
D. None of the above
18) A …………. represents the number of entities to which another entity can be associated
A. mapping cardinality
19) Which two files are used during operation of the DBMS
A. Query languages and utilities
B. DML and query language
C. Data dictionary and transaction log
D. Data dictionary and query language
20) A ……….. is a set of column that identifies every row in a table.
A. composite key
B. candidate key
C. foreign key
D. super key
Table of Contents
2. A) to create a place in the database for storage of scheme objects……….
3. C) SUBSTR
4. B) Can be assigned to any field only during design time.
5. C) Insert, Update, Delete
6. A) Data Definition Language
7. B) 2345
8. B) UPDATE
9. D) embedded SQL
10.D) Dynamic SQL
11) A. tuple
12) D. update
13) C. Data Definition Language
14) B. grant option
15) D. domain
16) C. functional dependency
17) A. Parent-Child relationship between the tables that connect them
18) A. mapping cardinality
19) C. Data dictionary and transaction log
20) D. super key
Read Next: Solved MCQ on Fundamental of DBMS Set – 5
Comments are closed.